Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Electicity???

Ya don't realize how much ya use it till it is rationed. It just cut out as I was trying to put this post together,hopefully my baterry will let me save what I type and post later..... we will see.

The days here have been hot 100 plus, hard to believe it is winter. Nights have been good, a bit cooler and a slight breeze, it has been good to get electricity nearly everynight so we can put a fan on for sleeping.

My health is improving more and more each day, just a bit of trouble with my right ear still and headaches when I try to think too much or read. But no more serious complications. Just need more rest..... not something I enjoy but I am aware of the serious need of it. I don't want to go back to the hospital :)

There were over 200 at Sunday meeting again this week, and we only have less than 80 publishers. It is good the extra chairs arrived, we used em. Memorial will be interesting. We have the second one, so the first will probably have a larger attendance, but both will be packed! It is so exciting.

Dennis and the children are doing well. Dennis has even been able to get in a couple games of basketball with some of the missionaries from other halls and the CO. Working at Bethel and doing the ASL class has really widened our spiritual family here. It is also exciting that he will be here for zone visit this month and meet so many of the others that I have known for years.

Stay warm, those in the deep snow and cold. Hey, did you break the record for most snow in a winter? Heard you were real close end of February.

The other day I took some ice bits out of the freezer and let the children melt them in their hands, on the belly.... it was great fun.... little Jessica age 2 had never seen or held ice, her facial expressions were priceless. At first she was a bit scared but then kept asking for more and putting it on her belly and squeeling with joy.

Here it is hard to imagine snow. With roosters, birds chirping at sunrise and crickets in the bedroom the other night..... is it really March. I often feel in a time warp. And really with forever in view our time hear is but a grain of sand in forever....

Love to all,
Lorie

No comments: