Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A message from Lorelle a little while ago..

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know some stuff I was doing, since it seems like my e-mails have halted for the most part.. I wonder oif it's because of summer vacation or something? Ohwell.

So yesterday(Sunday July 27) was our 1-day. I had actually heard it before, because it was the last assembly before we moved in America . Do you remember that? It was so much fun! ANyways, the shedule for assemblys & conventions is like 8 or 10 months behind the States, so that's why we've been hearing the same ones. Soem's different, like the demos and interveiws, and it's always good to have a little reminder right? This'll be the last repeat, cuz we've been here nearly 10 months now( OH my Goodness! Time's broken out of the jailhouse!), so our next one will be the one that you had this summer, but we haven't heard it . Kinda weird huh?
The assembly was pretty fun, but it went WICKED fast, oh my goodness, it seems like the days go faster and faster these days. The older you get, it seems, the more you have to chase time.maybe it's becuase we don't get spurts of little kid energy anymore?
I saw a lot of people I knew, and I couple of my friends from ather congragations. But, most of my freinds have actually moved farther away lately, so I don't see them any more for some reason. I don't miss them too much, except at conventions, becuase it's nice to know someone there : )
My daddy was the chairman for the afternoon sessoin. You could hear him singing on the stage during the first song cuz the mic hadn't been proped up the right way. It was sooo funny, but only my family really noticed. Maybe they did upstiars too, but I couldn't see from the ASL section. It was hard to control at least a little luaghter.
Shelby did a little translating, but I didn't. I'm too scared to go there, cuz I know that when I do, i'm gonna forget how to do everything. I'll get therer someday though, I hope..
It rained. Like, the whole time. Water dripped on my notebook and skirt, so my legs were FREEZING, and my notes for that time looked pretty cruddy. I had to switch to a different chair and mom gave me a blanket to get cozy, which was extremely convenient. That was almost at the end, so i didn't have to endure for very long(Thank Goodness) Someone actually stole my seat at the same time. I felt bad for them, but hey, it gave me an excuse not to sit there, so , to tell you the truth, I didn't mind! haha.

I cooked makeshift garlic bread at lunch today( It's almost 3 now) It wasn't great, but it wasn't half bad either. I picked to big of a clove, so it was bitter, and I burnt mine, becuase I was cooking it over the coalpot and left it too long. But hey, I made GARLIC BREAD ! I COOKED!! Allby myself. It's a miracle I didn't burn the house down or something.

Well, sorry it's short, but, gotta go!

Love you all.

Rel

No comments: