Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 08

Hi Friends and Family,

Didn't really know how to title this one.... our baby monkey "Jack" died on Thursday, it was sudden and so unexpected. It has really taken me by surprise. We thought he would be our "baby" in the family for 5 to 10 years not just 5 months, he was really affectionate with the children. I hadn't realized how independent our children are until Jack came, he was a such a cuddly baby. He will be missed dearly. I don't think we will have another one for some time, if ever. We don't want to take one from the wild, Jack was already in Freetown and in need of care when Shelby brought him home. We were priveledged to be able to give him some happiness and a "family". I know he was just a monkey, but we had never had a pet that was so personable before. He was even having sounds to say different thing, like, "thankyou" and "goodnight" and he was always making sorrowful cooing sounds if we left him alone without a night light. We had a little solar chargable light we would put on for him at night so we didn't have to worry about our not getting electricity. :)

Jehovah is wonderful with his many creations. It has been a priveledge to see his many marvelous animal creations distinctly different to different parts of the earth. Here there are so many different kinds of lizards, with such variety of colors. Also so many birds, many small birds with bright colors. We caught a baby bird the other day, before Mason our cat did, we kept it safe from the cat for a little while. Its parents were sitting on the wire above our house calling for it, when I released it, we all enjoyed seeing the happy little family reunited. It was such a soft little yellow bird, so tiny and delicate.

We have convention in two weeks! Wow how time flies. Dennis' father and brother and a friend are visiting in January for two weeks. We are so excited to be having visitors!

I really miss working in service with car groups and sociallizing. The other night I reread the cards and letters sent by family and friends, thankyou so much!

I thought my schedule would get a little easier when Dennis came back and took up his studies again.... I was wrong! But a good wrong :) Four more people started studying. Two are from when I went on a Return Visit to offer a study, her sister was visiting as well as a friend. All three accepted books and we started the study that morning.

I had had a study back in 2006, that I would call on when I visited Sierra Leone. When we moved here the study became regular. Up until 5 months ago when the shop she worked in closed, We had been studying during her work time. For the past 5 months I couldn't find her. Then last week on my way to an RV, she came running to me along the road. She told me of her new work place and we will resume the study. I told her I had tried to call her, she said her cell phone had been stolen. She had a new number and gave it to me.

The lady mentioned in the last post that Lorelle invited to meeting and had started studying is doing very well.

All the activity in the preaching work helps me not get too homesick. It helps me to see the big picture of the span of time we are living in. I also really enjoy reflecting on the kingdom songs and watchtower articles and realizing the united worldwide brotherhood. We all are singing the same songs on the same day! It helps me feel close to friends and family, through our united service to our loving and wonderful heavenly father Jehovah.

May Jah be with you,
Lorie

No comments: