Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ummm.... I'm trying to find a good one

Hi this is Shelby, has everyone can probably guess from the... interresting title.
Mom is doing fine and will probably be in tomorrow or Saturday. We didn't get to come in Tuesday like we usually do because of Christmas. And Mom walked in the tract work for over 4 hours. Her and the sister she was with finally after 2 hours of climbing up hills had to just sit down.
The president here promised National Power 24/7 by Christmas well Christmas has come and gone and no power. We don't mind so much it comes now and again. We also have the genorater which makes things better.
Last night from 5 to 7 Lorelle and I went to Bethel. A sister had invited us on Sunday to come and visit her. Her name is Christiana she is 22, and has been at Bethel for 2 years. She has always lived in Freetown and her family is not in the truth but are starting to come to meetings, along with her three younger brothers and three younger sisters.
Lorelle and I were a little cold when we first entered we were not used to the AC,but we liked it.:) Lorelle and I were also excited when she had hot running water. We are lucky if we get running water and it is always cold, even for showering. So to have hot water caome from the tap was very nice. We had a nice visit and we watched the News on CNN, Bethel has a satilite dish so she had real TV.
Lorelle and I also tried this drink they call Ginger beer, not it is not real beer. It was very good but a little spicy, for my like anyways. We really had a nice time.

When we got back, Lorelle and I went upstairs and visited with the girls. First they just wanted to say Hi, and I asked for my CD back that I had let them borrow the day before. Well Issha said I couldn't have it 'til I danced. She had tried to get me to the night before but when I started to dance she just laughed and ran away. So I said fine and canced to one song then another and Issha said just one more. Well that did it I couldn't stop I ended up dancing for another hour!! And no one would jion in I felt a little awkward, but I couldn't stop. A little girl that was visiting started to dance and that made me feel better. Sister Samouri asked to see me dance before I left, she laughed but in a good way. She was happy I knew how to dance and her friend jioned in too. It was alot of fun.
Mom is doing really good. We got our bookshelves this morning so it was nice to get them set up this afternoon. Every one went in service this morning and all the young ones, even Hunter, placed at least one of the inventations. It was really nice. The kids are all coing well, and school is going good. Lyam is really enjoying reading now and has a few easy readers he is enjoying.
Well, I have to go. I hope every one is well and staying extra warm!! I send my greetings to everyone I miss you all very much!!

No comments: